Russian Work Visa
Work visa is the most complex and expensive visa type necessary for foreign nationals permanently working in Russia.
- Single-entry visa valid for 90 days – is issued by the Russian Consulate on the basis of Work Visa Invitation (which is issued on the basis of work permit)
- Multiple-entry visa – is reissued on the basis of a single-entry visa at the local office of the Russian Migration police for the period of validity of work permit (no more than 1 year)
Starting from 2010, there is a new type of Work visa – For Highly Qualified Specialists – which has several advantages (e.g., is valid for 3 years), but the salary of such a specialist in Russia should amount to more than two million rubles per year.
To get a work visa, your inviting Company-Employer is required to obtain several documents: Medical Certificate (issued on the basis of analyses of a foreign national), Quotas at the administration of civil service of the employment of population (UGSZN), Permit to hire foreign workers, Invitation for work visa and visa itself which can be got at the Consulate or at the local Migration police office.
- The procedure for receiving the work visa for foreign citizens
- The procedure for the Work Permit getting for the citizens of CIS
- The procedure for obtaining a Work Permit for the Corporations – members of the American Chamber of Commerce
- your profession and type of intended work in Russia
- your citizenship
- visa and Visa Invitation's urgency
- prices and quality of your visa assistant's services
To extend a work visa or get a new multiple-entry work visa, it is not required to leave the country, it can be issued at the local Migration police office upon presentation of a Work permit valid for a new term.
Citizens of the Schengen countries can obtain a visa in any country-member of the Schengen Area.
To receive a Russian visa in a third country, one must submit a residence or work permit in this country.