Russian Work Visa
Work visa is the most complex and expensive visa type necessary for foreign nationals permanently working in Russia.
- Single-entry visa valid for 90 days – is issued by the Russian Consulate on the basis of Work Visa Invitation (which is issued on the basis of work permit)
- Multiple-entry visa – is reissued on the basis of a single-entry visa at the local office of the Russian Migration police for the period of validity of work permit (no more than 1 year)
Starting from 2010, there is a new type of Work visa – For Highly Qualified Specialists – which has several advantages (e.g., is valid for 3 years), but the salary of such a specialist in Russia should amount to more than two million rubles per year.
- Migration quotas to involve foreign labor force;
- Application to the Government Employment Services;
- Permission to involve foreign labor force, Work permit for a foreigner and Invitation for a work visa.
- The procedure for receiving the work visa for foreign citizens
- The procedure for the Work Permit getting for the citizens of CIS
- The procedure for obtaining a Work Permit for the Corporations – members of the American Chamber of Commerce
- your profession and type of intended work in Russia
- your citizenship
- visa and Visa Invitation's urgency
- prices and quality of your visa assistant's services
To extend a work visa or get a new multiple-entry work visa, it is not required to leave the country, it can be issued at the local Migration police office upon presentation of a Work permit valid for a new term.
Citizens of the Schengen countries can obtain a visa in any country-member of the Schengen Area.
To receive a Russian visa in a third country, one must submit a residence or work permit in this country.